Sunday, December 5, 2010

12/5/10

Last week!

I've kind of been jamming in last minute experiences this weekend and probably the rest of the week. I tried 'Mexican' food. It was good, but definitely not really Mexican food. Just an Italian immitation of it. [Vegetarian burrito pictured below]

I also went to a Chinese restaurant with some friends including one of the students who is Chinese, Nancy. She's a very interesting person and it was awesome to say the least to finally get to sit there and talk to her more one-on-one. She has a perfect American accent because her mom didn't want her to go through the local school system in China and she instead sent her to the American schools in China. It was fun to watch her try to teach John (from New York) how to speak some Chinese phrases.
Alora, the Chinese restaurant was probably the best Chinese food I've ever had. We also each got some fried ice cream for dessert (which is an American thing, but still something I've never tried before). It was delicious to say the least. Especially since it was gelato, not just ice cream.

They also have Christmas decorations up all over the city already. There's the HUGE Christmas tree in the Duomo area and lights on almost every street. It makes me happy that I'm going to be home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment