Thursday, December 9, 2010

12/9/10

Probably my final post before returning to the US.
My critique went over generally like I thought it would. They told me I have talent, talked about my previous experience, my attendence, etc etc. They told me I'm too heavy handed (which I am well aware of and I can't seem to break that habit). I found it a little funny how the pencil drawing that they said was my best one was the one I spent the least amount of time on and actually ended up using the comparison method instead of the sight-size method that they teach at FAA. Of course, I didn't tell them that.
Then one of the teachers told me that I was unfocused. She went on a little rant about how she doesn't think that I want to use what I've learned as just a hobby but she doesn't feel I have the drive to be professional. Well. Excuse me.
I know I've been slightly unfocused while here. Mainly because I've been doing all of this for the past 3 years. I didn't feel challenged and it was all pretty boring work for me. You can't get focused and stimulated by boring work that you've done hundreds of times before.
Anyway, a lot of the other students were saying the same thing. They would tell us things that they have been telling us all semester and things we already know and then complain a little about something in particular that most of us would not agree with.

Yesterday Lucas and I finished up shopping and just wandered around Florence. Today, I'm packing some more and doing the last of my laundry. There's a end of the term party that some restuarant is hosting for us not too far from the school tonight so Lucas and I are going to that. We invited some people over to the apartment after for drinks and the taking of our things that we don't need to bring back (extra food, toothpaste, etc etc). Then tomorrow is going to be full-on packing. I'm going to stop by the school to maybe work on my last bargue a little bit, grab the rest of my supplies there, and then talk with Rosemary (the registrar) about booking a cab for tomorrow morning to pick me up and take me to the airport.

I have so much to do between now and Saturday morning. Then when I get home it's not going to be a time to relax either. I have close to every day booked with things I need to do and plans until New Years. Then I have to start classes back at AAA.

Well, here's to the last post. Ciao, vediamo quando torno in America!

No comments:

Post a Comment