Thursday, December 2, 2010

12/2/10

Again, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been in my own world lately.
A little over a week left and I will be back in the US. At least that's if I don't run into a snow storm. Apparently it started snowing back home, so there might be a chance that my flight will get re-directed if there is a snow storm. Here's to hoping there isn't one. I'd rather not prolong the travel time, especially since it's already going to be around 20 hours of travelling without any glitches.
I've done pretty decent progress on my 3rd Bargue and I'm actually pleased with how my charcoal drawing is turning out.
We have our final critiques next week as well. Mine is on Tuesday. They also wanted us to do a copy of a charcoal model line drawing and then 2-3 copies of Bargue line drawings. Then they also want us to mount all of our pencil drawings on drawing boards. I could understand if they gave all this to us about a month ago, but they can't seriously expect us to finish all that in less than two weeks. Plus the fact that there are no more drawing boards, so I have no idea where they think we're supposed to put our drawings.

Lucas's mom arrived last Friday. They left almost right after she got here to go to Rome and spent the weekend there. She's just been hanging out the apartment and randomly exploring the city since then. She's also been cooking us dinner. It's nice not to have to cook for myself. But at the same time, I've gotten so used to it that it's kinda weird to not cook all my own meals. Everyone back at the house will probably be very happy when I get back because the habit of cooking every meal will probably stay with me for a while.

I'll try for at least 2 more posts before next Saturday, but things will probably be getting a bit hectic this last week.

1 comment: