Friday, November 12, 2010

11/12/10

Ok, so now that I'm bumming around at the school, I'll post some of the recent work I've done. This is of my first charcoal drawing here (5 weeks worth of time). Honestly definitely not one of my favorite pieces and one that I don't care much about. All I can really see that I got out of it was a better understanding of getting the correct proportions and seeing shadow and light shapes better as well as slowing myself down... a lot.


Here's my second Bargue again. Still not 100% finished with it and this isn't an updated picture. It's from a couple of days ago. I was told to get softer pencils to darken it even more and to focus on the little shapes now instead of the large shadow shapes.

Today has been a bad day so far. I wake up and take a shower, then as I'm getting ready in my room, the power goes out. It went out a couple of nights ago and the landlord came and reset everything, explaining that when you use a certain amount of electricity your power gets shut off. We were using the oven, washing machine, and had a lot of the lights on in the apartment during that time so I can understand why it shut off then.
But today, Lucas was still sleeping so the only use of electricity was when I had the light on in the bathroom and then the light on in my room. I left for school but Lucas stayed behind to meet with the landlord when he came. I saw that the power box for the building had the red light on as well when I was leaving (instead of just the power meter for our apartment) so I think the entire building has a problem. I'm hoping the situation is resolved by the time classes are over because I don't want to have to throw out all the food in the fridge and have no light and no way to charge my computer and cold showers and no microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment