Saturday, November 6, 2010

11/6/10

Sorry that I haven't updated in almost a week!
I've been pretty busy due to the fact that my dad and step mom came to visit me. It was a surprise visit (at least for everyone else other than me and my step mom). We kept it secret until my dad arrived to get his boarding pass for the airport. He thought he was going skiing or to Wisconsin for the weekend, haha. Anyway, it's great to see them both because even living back in the states I didn't get to see them much. And it's a lot of fun to be able to share this experience with people close to me and show them around the city.
We went to Rome yesterday, and I have to say to never try to do Rome in a day. We did pretty well and were able to see everything we wanted to see, but we were all zombies by the end of the day. I was a little upset because the Pantheon was under rennovation so half of it was covered by scaffolding. And we didn't get to spend as much time in the Forum or Palatine Hill as we should have. It's a lot larger of an area than I thought it would be.
I have pictures galore that I'll post later. My camera actually ran out of batteries and the last couple of pictures I took were pure luck because I turned it on, snapped quickly, and the camera died, so I just hoped they turned out ok.
Well, going out again with them today to do some shopping and walking and relaxing after yesterday. Sorry again about the shortness and lack of posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment