Thursday, November 18, 2010

11/18/10

I apologize for the long wait between posts!
My headaches and neck problems haven't been getting any easier. I've just felt like falling asleep every possible second as well. No idea why considering I haven't changed my sleeping or eating or daily patterns at all.
For some reason I have been getting dizzy as well. Mainly whenever I stand for more than 30 minutes at a time, but sometimes when I'm just sitting around or within a couple minutes of standing. Probably not a good thing.

Anyway, enough whining.

As I said before, we started the new charcoal drawing. Actually started working in charcoal this week instead of just study pencil drawings of the pose. The picture below is one of my pencil studies of the pose (different angle than the one I'm doing though).
I also have an updated of my second Bargue. Another week of the teacher telling me little things to change and then the next day the other teacher telling me a different thing (we have different teachers each day of the week, except Wednesday and Friday we have the same teacher).

I feel like I've learned all I can from this semester here. I know if I stayed, I would learn more because they start you on new things further on, but I'm not willing to stay. It's simply a matter of them ingraining the precision they've taught us. Practice practice practice. I understand the necessity, but I really want to be working on my own stuff right now, especially since I have to think about getting a complete portfolio together for graduation in less than a year now. I don't really know how I'm going to pull a professional portfolio together in that time. At least the students back at AAA had this past semester to work on it as well. Lucas and I only have the spring semester.

And this is just a fun photo. Vlado kept making disgruntled faces (subconsiously or conciously, I don't know) because one of the other student's daughter came and sat next to him and wouldn't shut up. Lunch is always amusing.

Yesterday was my 5 year anniversary with Erik. I'm not extremely upset about missing it because I've never been much of a romantic, but it still hurts not being able to be there with him. Especially with something as big as 5 years. It's hard to think that we've been together for that long. It definitely doesn't seem that way but the more I think about it, the more I cannot imagine my life with him not in it. We've agreed to just celebrate it when I return. A month late, but still better than nothing at all. We're trying to find something to do that's special but not too expensive. We've done the nice romantic dinner and the time with just the two of us and the jewelry for previous anniversaries so we're looking for something different. Erik suggested going and staying at a 'romantic hotel/spa' for a couple of days. I would love to, but I know those places are not cheap.

Less than a month left and I return to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment