Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9/19/10

I am so bored. I’m really hoping that once school starts I won’t be this bored. And I know that I should not be saying that I’m bored while I’m in Florence either. But I am.

I’ve read a 500 page book. I’ve finished the entire story mode of Diner Dash on my phone. I’ve been writing this diary(?) out every single day. I’ve been going out and walking around every day. I’ve watched 4 movies. I’ve done a couple of drawings. I’ve started a digital painting. I’ve drawn out and started a watercolor painting. I’ve cooked and cleaned. I've been writing this blog. But I am still so bored.

Today I tried the internet. It turns out it wasn’t the storm (which was still happening when I fell asleep at 1am btw). It won’t connect for some reason. Lucas and I tried going to the store again today but the guy said he couldn’t help people who were having computer problems today, just phone problems. Not sure why, but whatever.

So we walked around some more. Hung around the Duomo. I sat and sketched out a painting and started painting it, then my butt hurt from sitting for too long and the sun was out full blast, so my neck was getting burned. So we continued walking around to a couple different Piazzas and took some reference pictures. Then we headed back to the apartment. We started a stopwatch then walked to the school. Strolling, it took us around 10 minutes. We went back to the apartment another way and it took us around 12-13 minutes. Not much of a difference. It’ll take us 10-15 minutes to get to school every morning and back every evening.

Over half of the stores were closed today as well. Sunday being a holy day is a lot more serious here than in America. The only places that were open were some cafes and restaurants and a couple of food stores. Although close to all the stores around the ‘tourist’ areas (i.e. the Duomo) were open.

I also realized today that I forgot my cord for my camera to be able to upload things onto the computer with it. And it is such a weird cord that I doubt I’ll be able to just ‘pick one up’ like any other simple USB cord. Fuck you, Canon.

My debit card is also still not working. It could have just been the ATM I went to because I saw the guy after me leave without any cash, but I don’t think that’s the case. I really need the internet because I need to figure out what the hell is going on with my card. I don’t have access to any money until I do and the only money I have on me right now is around 2 euros.

I miss my dog. I miss my boyfriend. I miss my bed. I miss my internet. I miss my books. I miss my family. I miss being able to understand everyone. I miss being able to eat when I’m hungry. I miss being able to know how much money I have.

I really hope things get better in the next couple of days. Because as of now, I really just want to go home and be done with this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment