Saturday, October 16, 2010

10/16/10

Ugh. After probably 2 or 3 years of not getting a cold or virus, I get one while I'm here. And just when I thought I was safe too. Everyone in the school seemed to get the cold except me and a couple others. Even some of the teachers had it. Some got over it in a day like Lucas, some it took a week. But everyone seemed to be done with it earlier this week. Then BAM! Last night I kept waking up because my nose was so drippy, I had such a bad sore throat, and a bad headache.
I went to school even though I was feeling half dead. My brain doesn't seem to work that well either right now. Apparently I repeated something 3 times during breakfast with Lucas. Most of the day was spent with me staring off into nothing, sitting down zoning out, or changing a line or angle about 30 times before getting so apathetic towards it I just move on to a different area of the drawing.
Then after the first two sessions, Lucas and I tried running around to 3 or 4 different ATMs to try to get our rent money out. For some reason it wouldn't let me take everything I needed out so I had to wake up early today to run to the ATM again and get more out because the landlord came today for rent.

The landlord is also kinda a dick. I got a text from him around 11:30am yesterday saying that he was coming to the apartment in the afternoon. I told him we wouldn't be out of classes until 7pm, but we could probably hurry back real quick to meet him at 12:30 or 4:30 or we could just meet him saturday to give him the rent money. He said he was going to show the apartment to someone around 3pm and then just meet us at 11am on saturday to pick up the rent.
I know I'm not the only one who thinks that it was rude for him to just tell us a couple of hours before hand that a stranger was going to be looking around the place that we're living. Lucas and I had to hurry home during our lunch period and try to tidy up the apartment. Not that it was really that dirty, but I had clothes that I'd rather not have a stranger looking at lying around my room and the dishes needed to be done, floor needed to be swept, and Lucas's room (sorry Lucas) is a whole other story. I was going to clean the apartment this weekend, but we had to do everything in about 30 minutes instead.
Which was EXCELLENT with the fact that I'm sick.

Anyway. After the ATM fiasco, we got back to the school, had some wine and listened to/watched the Art History lecture. That's the one thing I'm going to miss about this school; just chilling with a glass of wine and snacks that the school provides for a class period.

Went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things this morning before the landlord came and found some tofu and seitan patties (yay!). So now I don't have to walk 30-40 minutes to get vegetarian/vegan stuff. Although I got some awesome tomato crackers from that specialty store, so I'm probably going back there eventually.

Did my laundry last night and still waiting for my jeans to dry (oh, the luxury of having a drier, how I miss it). Now I'm finally just laying in bed relaxing some more, cursing this illness to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment