Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23/10

Last night was fun. We went to Moyo, another aperitivo (buffet-ish bar) with a group of other students for one of the student's (Lynn, from South Africa. Her 28th) birthday. Had a good deal of fun there just hanging out and talking, then headed to a little bar afterwards and chatted a bit there as well. Here are some pictures.
Lucas's cousin is here this weekend and today we went shopping. We went to a bunch of little markets and I finally got some things that I've been meaning to buy. Stopped for lunch at a little cafe, then walked around some more. I saw the most adorable English Bulldog puppy that was following his owner around (leashless). Here I am going to reiterate how awesome and well trained the dogs are here. We've also been noticing a lot of wolf hybrids here. At first I thought a couple were just husky-type dogs, but they are definitely not as thick and you can tell if you look at a picture of a wolf how similar many of the dogs here are. I finally saw a min pin as well. Made me miss Chevy all over again. We hit almost all the 'tourist' spots in Florence but they're all places I've seen before. We also stopped at a vintage store and I bought a cool... er warm wool sweater. It's starting to get quite chilly here, especially after the sun goes down and in the morning. Chilly enough to see your breath!
We also stopped at the all-English bookstore. I found this amazing book, only 15euro! I'm sure in the states it would cost $50 minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment