Thursday, October 21, 2010

10/21/10

Nothing much going on. Working on art, coming home exhausted and passing out, repeat.

Good news: my camera decided to work again! I now have the camera cord as well so expect pictures soon.
Bad news: my hard drive was wiped. Long story, but everything is gone again which means it's going to be more difficult for me to edit photos and write papers and I can't use my wacom tablet anymore because I don't have photoshop :(
More bad news is that one of the other students just went home yesterday. Her dad was in a motorcycle accident and died. They wanted her to stay, but I wouldn't imagine staying away if a family member died, especially a father.

I was happy because I got complimented (?) today by the teacher. She asked me if I'd had formal training before when she stopped to look at and critique my charcoal model drawing.
She was also saying how she likes how I'm approaching my Bargue drawing this time. I started doing what one of the assistants suggested and made the cast shadow lines really sharp and the regular shadow lines fuzzier. Plus I have everything pretty spot on already unlike having to move every little thing again and again on my last drawing.

Lucas's cousin is coming in today and spending the weekend. I think we're going to go to the leather market on Saturday and I know we're going out to dinner with her tonight. It should be interesting.

I got all the care packages sent out (at least the ones I was told of). Everyone is amazing for sending stuff and I can say I'm happy that I have American junk food now. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment